Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom would make a wonderful potato salad. I've been making it since I was girl and it never seems to fail to get compliments. People like their salad either with or without mustard and with dill or sweet pickles. This salad has a nice tang with mustard, and dill pickles.
- 1 russet potato
- 8 red potatoes
- 5 hard-boiled eggs, minced
- 3 egg whites, hard boiled (discard yolks from 3 eggs)
- 4 stalks celery, strands removed and minced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 16 dill pickle slices, minced
- 2 1⁄2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup mustard
- pickle juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Cook potatoes until tender but not overcooked. Chill and peel skin. Cut into small cubes.
- Combine with remaining ingredients.
- Cover and chill for several hours or overnight. Adjust mayonnaise and flavorings, if necessary, when ready to serve.