Prep 2 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Fluffy dinner rolls or cinnamon roll dough.
- 3 cups warm water
- 1⁄2 cup powdered milk
- 2 tablespoons instant yeast
- 1⁄2 cup coconut oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup instant mashed potatoes
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 5 1⁄2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons dough enhancer
- Combine all ingredients, except flour, into Kitchen Aid Mixer with dough hook and mix. Add flour until soft, slightly sticky, dough is achieved.
- Let rise. Roll out for dinner rolls or cinnamon rolls. Let rise again.
- Bake @ 350 for about 17 minutes for dinner rolls.
These are the best Potato Rolls that I've ever made, and I've tried many recipes. The dough is beautiful, soft, light, and slightly sticky. I made half a recipe, but had to used more flour than the recipe called for to get my dough workable. I used my bread machine to make the dough. This recipe makes a lot of dough, even with half a recipe I froze half, made a 7x11 inch pan of rolls and a pie plate of cinnamon rolls. The dinner rolls were great, but the cinnamon rolls were melt in your mouth delicious. All I did for the cinnamon rolls was roll flat, brush with butter, sprinkle brown sugar over that, and spinkle cinnamon on top. I had butter left over from brushing on the dinner rolls and cinnamon rolls so I made an icing to top after baking. Wonderful!
Made these to take to a friends bar b q and they are great. First time I've ever made potato buns or bread and it sure won't be the last. They are so easy to put together and came out so light and fluffy, rose beautiful with just a very "slight" sweet taste that was perfect with butter and along side our dinner. This will not be the last time I make these, highly recommend. This one went right into my "Best of 2013" book