1 hr 10 mins
This is a Bulgarian recipe, and more specifically, patatnik as it is called in Bulgarian (potato pie for the lack of a better translation) is commonly cooked in the Rhodopes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and grate potatoes.
- 2Salt and leave aside for 15 minutes.
- 3Strain potatoes dry (salting would have caused the potatoes loosing water).
- 4Grate onions and mix with the potatoes and dried thyme (you can add a bit of dried mint as well).
- 5Heat oil in a shallow pan.
- 6Add the potato mixture to the pan and spread evenly, forming a sort of 1- 2 cm thick pancake.
- 7Cover with a lid and fry until the bottom is golden and a crust forms.
- 8Hold pan with lid on and turn over the potato pie on the lid.
- 9Slide potato pie on the uncooked side and repeat above steps until fried to golden.
- 10Repeat until mixture runs out.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Pie (Patatnik)
Serving Size: 1 (654 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 229.8
- Calories from Fat 3
- Total Fat 0.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 18.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.9 g