Recipe by Heather U.
Not for low carbers as this combines potatoes and pizza crust in one delectable dish. Don't fear the carbs!!! Found this at http://www.thatsmyhome.com/venettos/pizza/potpes.htm.
- 1 teaspoon light honey
- 1 cup lukewarm water (98 to 100°F.)
- 1 (2 1/4 teaspoon) package active dry yeast
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup semolina
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- flour, as needed
- oil, as needed
- cornmeal, as needed
- 2 cups thinly sliced red-skinned new potatoes
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup minced spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Make dough (by hand): In a large mixing bowl, combine honey, the warm water and yeast, and stir until yeast dissolves; Let mixture stand, uncovered, at room temperature for 5 minutes.
- Combine unbleached flour and semolina; blend well; Stir 1 cup of the flour mixture into the yeast mixture; mix thoroughly; Let batter rise 20 minutes, then stir down and add the remaining flour mixture, 1 teaspoon olive oil and salt.
- Lightly flour work surface and turn dough onto it; Knead until smooth and elastic (about 5 minutes), flouring surface lightly as needed to prevent sticking.
- Lightly oil a large bowl and place dough into it; Cover with dampened dish towel and let rise for 30 minutes; Punch down and shape into a ball; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F; Lightly oil a 14-inch-diameter pizza pan and dust with cornmeal; On lightly floured surface, roll dough into a circle approximately the same diameter as the pizza pan; Press dough into pan, crimping edges into a 1-inch rim.
- Make topping: Lightly oil baking sheet; Place sliced potatoes in a bowl; sprinkle with salt, pepper and 1 teaspoon olive oil; Toss well to coat evenly; Place on prepared baking sheet and roast until browned (about 10 minutes).
- Place remaining ingredients into blender or food processor, and puree to a paste; Spread thickly over pizza dough; Place roasted potatoes on top; Bake pizza until dough is lightly browned (about 15 minutes); Serve hot.