Recipe by me2006
This recipe originally comes from Epicurious, but is so simple, different, and delicious, that I wanted to share. Goes nicely on a bed of fresh greens.
- 5 russet potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces soft fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- 4 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the grated potatoes in a dry kitchen towel to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Transfer potatoes to large bowl and toss in salt and pepper. If desired, add parmesan cheese.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Mound 1/3 cup of potatoes in skillet and flatten to form about a 3 inch round. Repeat 3 times, forming 4 pancakes.
- Top each cake with 1/4 of goat cheese and sprinkle with 1 teaspoon of chives.
- Cover each with another 1/3 cup potatoes; press to adhere, enclosing cheese completely and flattening slightly.
- Cook until bottoms are golden, about 6 minutes. Add 1/2 tablespoon oil to skillet. Turn pancakes over; cook until golden, about 6 minutes.