Top Review by threeovens
I really liked this recipe. I am not quite sure of what it reminded me of, but it was quick, easy, and good. I did pare down the recipe for 2 servings, so I didn't need to do the sliding plate trick. The ratio of potato/egg/oatmeal/onion was perfect as written.
- 2 lbs potatoes, pared
- 1 medium onion
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Grate potatoes and onion using shredding disk of food processor or hand-held grater. Squeeze out excess liquid.
- Combine potatoes, onion, and remaining ingredients except oil in medium mixing bowl.
- Heat oil in 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Spread potato mixture evenly in skillet. Reduce heat to medium; cook covered until top is nearly set and bottom lightly browned, 6-8 minutes. Invert cake onto platter and slide back into skillet. Cook until bottom is golden brown, about 4 minutes. Cut into 8 wedges. Transfer to serving plate and serve hot.