Prep 5 mins
Cook 7 mins
A hearty snack for two or three. This is not an "eat with your fingers" type of nachos. You definitely need a fork for this one!
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup taco sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced green chilies
- 3⁄4 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can sliced ripe olives, drained
- Slice poatoes into 1/4 inch slices (Do not peel).
- Spray a 9 inch microwave safe pie plate with no-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange potato slices in pan, slightly overlapping slices so that all fit.
- Drizzle taco sauce over the potatoes, spreading to cover evenly.
- Cover with plastic wrap, and microwave at full power on high for 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven and test for doneness with a fork.
- If not completely tender, microwave for another minute or two until tender.
- Sprinkle diced green chiles evenly over potatoes, then top with cheese.
- Sprinkle olives evenly over top.
- Microwave uncovered for 2 minutes at 50% power or until cheese is melted.
Very good potatoes. My microwave took 8 minutes to cook to desired doneness and 1 minute on 50% power to melt the cheese. Served with sour cream because we always have it with nachos. Will make this one again.