Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
Great brunch fare for weekend company!
- 1 dozen large egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 cup of shredded gruyere cheese (4 oz.)
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced 1/4-inch thick and cut into 1/4-inch dice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 lb yukon gold potato, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Beat eggs with water in large bowl. Season with 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Beat in Gruyere and porsciutto.
- Heat olive oil in a large, nonstick, ovenproof skillet. Add potatoes and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden brown, about 7 minutes. Add the green onions and cook for 1 minute. Stir the egg mixture and add to the skillet. Stir to distribute the potatoes. Cook until the bottom is just set, about 3 minutes; lift the frittata to allow the uncooked eggs to seep underneath.
- Bake the frittata for about 10 minutes, until nearly set in the center.
- Preheat the broiler. Broil the frittata 8" from the heat for 1 minute, until the top is just beginning to brown. Cut the frittata into wedges and serve hot ot room temperature.
- Can keep unmolded frittata at room temperature for 4 hours.