Recipe by Dancer^
I made these for dinner last night..very tasty, my husband took the rest for work today..thats a first.
Top Review by Izzy Knight
so easy and so yummy! The water cooks the potatoes tender and cuts down the oil. The aromatic oil at the bottom of the skillet browns the potatoes and add such a wonderful flavour. The colour is an appetizing yellow with tender peas. Plus, it was easy to book. simple, clear instruction. I think this can serve more than four. I love this dish!
- 6 medium potatoes
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup cooked peas
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel potatoes and dice as evenly as possible.
- Heat oil and add spices when warm.
- Let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, then add potatoes and stir well to coat with oil and spices.
- Continue for 5 to 10 minutes so potato cubes are slightly crisp.
- Add water, lower heat and simmer slowly for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are tender.
- Add yogurt and peas, heat for another 5 minutes and serve.