- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef, uncooked
- 4 lbs potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 cup hot water
- 28 ounces diced tomatoes, canned undrained
Directions See How It's Made
- In a pan or Dutch oven, layer half the ground beef, potato slices and onion slices.
- Season with half of the pepper.
- Repeat layer.
- Dissolve the beef bouillon in water, pour over top of the casserole.
- Top with tomatoes.
- Cook over medium heat until the potatoes are nice and tender, approximately 45 to 55 minutes.