Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This salad is perfect semi-warm or cold. Serve as a side, lunch or a light dinner. The fresher the Baby Potatoes, the better.
- 400 g baby potatoes, skin on, scrubbed clean and cooked until just tender
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil (I used Sunflower Oil)
- 250 g bacon bits
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 spring onions, chopped (white and green parts)
- lettuce, shredded
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, halved
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat half the Oil in a large saucepan – fry the Bacon until crisp – remove and keep aside.
- Using the same saucepan – add the remaining Oil – cut the Baby Potatoes in half and fry in the Oil until golden.
- Add the Balsamic Vinegar, Mustard and Spring Onions – stir-fry another minute and remove from heat – add half the cooked Bacon and keep aside.
- Arrange the shredded Lettuce on a serving plate – spoon over the warm Potato mixture – scatter the Red Pepper and Avocado over the Potatoes.
- Top with the Egg halves and the remaining cooked Bacon Bits – season to taste with Salt and Black Pepper.