Bistro Bacon & Egg Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 slices bacon, cut crosswise into strips
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 large eggs, hard boiled
- 8 cups mesclun, 7 oz
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, stirring a bit, until crisp.
- Use slotted spoon to remove and drain on paper towels.
- Leave bacon drippings in pan.
- Stir 1 1/2 teaspoons of the cider vinegar into the pan, scrapping any brown bits clinging to the pan.
- Pour this into a large bowl and whisk in the mustard, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Toss greens with the vinaigrette and bacon pieces.
- Divide among 4 plates or shallow bowls.
- Place 2 eggs, sliced, on top of each salad and enjoy.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I've collected recipes since I was a teen. After all these years I'm trying to get all my index cards and clippings, that still sound interesting to me, posted here so that I can find them and eventually make them! <br /> <br />I've posted some of my Mom's recipes. I regret not having paid more attention to my Grandmothers' cooking. They made some dishes that I miss and there were/are no recipes for them. <br /> <br />I have a wonderful DH and 2 wonderful sons. They are thrilled that I found this site since they directly benefit from it! Before finding 'Zaar, I was less of a cook and more of a recipe collector but now I try many more things and we're having more fun in the kitchen (at least I am)! <br /> <br />Thanks for all your ratings, comments and help in the forums AND for posting so many great recipes. You've enhanced my cooking skills and expanded my horizons! I've learned so much. <br /> <br />For fun, I also like to read fiction, travel, see movies and shows, shop (and I love to browse thrift shops and rummage/garage sales for cookbooks, etc.). <br /> <br />The discovery of a new dish does more for the happiness of mankind than the discovery of a new star Brillat-Savarin</p>