Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Based upon a recipe from Vegetarian Classics by Jeanne Lemlin. Looks elegant yet is easy to do. Very good.
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a large baking sheet.
- Thaw puff pastry.
- Thaw and drain spinach.
- Cook and drain potatoes- do not overcook- should retain their shape.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs and remove 2 tablespoons to be used later as a wash.
- Mix spinach, scallions, cheese, salt and pepper into beaten eggs.
- Flour a work surface and with a rolling pin roll pastry out to 12" X 14" and place onto greased baking sheet.
- Spread pesto onto pastry leaving a 1 1/2" border.
- Cover pesto with potatoes.
- Cover potatoes with spinach mixture.
- Fold the 1 1/2" border over filling forming a frame around the tart.
- Brush egg wash onto pastry border.
- Can chill up to 4 hours or cook immediately.
- Bake 25 minutes or till pastry is golden brown.
George, I made this recipe of yours last night and it was FANTASTIC!!! Post more of your recipes. I check the newly posted recipes every day. Thanks, Chef Alan Leonetti