1 hr 10 mins
George J.'s Note:
Based upon a recipe from Vegetarian Classics by Jeanne Lemlin. Looks elegant yet is easy to do. Very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 375°F.
- 2Grease a large baking sheet.
- 3Thaw puff pastry.
- 4Thaw and drain spinach.
- 5Cook and drain potatoes- do not overcook- should retain their shape.
- 6In a medium bowl beat eggs and remove 2 tablespoons to be used later as a wash.
- 7Mix spinach, scallions, cheese, salt and pepper into beaten eggs.
- 8Flour a work surface and with a rolling pin roll pastry out to 12" X 14" and place onto greased baking sheet.
- 9Spread pesto onto pastry leaving a 1 1/2" border.
- 10Cover pesto with potatoes.
- 11Cover potatoes with spinach mixture.
- 12Fold the 1 1/2" border over filling forming a frame around the tart.
- 13Brush egg wash onto pastry border.
- 14Can chill up to 4 hours or cook immediately.
- 15Bake 25 minutes or till pastry is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato and Spinach Pesto Tart
Serving Size: 1 (332 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.7
- Calories from Fat 310
- Total Fat 34.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.9 g
- Cholesterol 130.5 mg
- Sodium 493.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 21.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: