Prep 40 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs baking potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 8 ounces cremini mushrooms, finely sliced to make 4 cups
- Preheat oven to 425°; butter a shallow baking dish or gratin.
- Bring the sliced potatoes, milk, wine, salt, and pepper to a boil in a large pan, stirring occasionally; leave at a simmer while you get on with the mushrooms.
- Melt the butter and garlic oil in a skillet over med-high heat; add in mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Pour the mushrooms and their garlicky juices into the pan of potatoes, stir to mix.
- Transfer to the gratin dish; bake for 45 minutes or until piping hot, and crisp on top.
Very easy, and very quick. Prep time was only 20 minutes, not 40! I have a mandolin so I guess that helps with the thinly slicing. Also, it keeps well so is great for a dinner-party.