Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe was on an insert in a bag of potatoes...
- 2 cups potatoes, diced
- 4 slices bacon, diced and fried
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups cream-style corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter (1 stick)
- salt and pepper
- Add onion to bacon drippings after bacon has been removed.
- Cook until lightly browned.
- Add water, diced potatoes, salt and pepper.
- Cook until potatoes are tender.
- Add corn, milk, and butter.
- Simmer until heated through or until ready to serve.
- Add cooked bacon when ready to serve.
This is how I have made corn chowder for years and it is good, stick to your ribs , comfort food.The only thing I do different is in the prep. After removing bacon from pan, add onion and potato and cook on low till lightly brown. Then add water and simmer. The potato will soak up and distribute the bacon taste. Great soup.