Prep 40 mins
Cook 40 mins
From Everyday Food. I make the roast from Yooper's To Die For Crockpot Roast To Die for Crock Pot Roast. Then the next night I make this. I usually serve with biscuits. What a great Sunday night meal.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 baking potatoes, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 pound)
- salt and pepper
- 1 onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups leftover pot roast (cut into 1/4-inch dice)
- 1⁄2 cup leftover pan juices (optional)
- 4 eggs
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium heat. Stir in potatoes, 1 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover, and cook for 8 minutes, stirring once.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil, onion, and bell pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, until soft, about 8 minutes. Add pot roast and pan juices, if using, and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 7 minutes. Transfer to individual plates; keep warm.
- Wipe the skillet with a paper towel, and put pan over medium heat. Crack the eggs into the pan, and cook until the whites are just set, 4 to 5 minutes. Top the hash with the eggs.
- Note: Use celery or mushrooms instead of the green pepper, if you prefer. You can also top the hash with tomato sauce rather than eggs.