Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This stew is a quick & healthy portuguese dish.
- 1 whole onion, peeled
- 3 whole garlic cloves, smashed
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 5 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1⁄8 cup red wine
- 2 cups water (or more if required)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- 1 (540 ml) can cut green beans
- 1 (398 ml) cancut yellow wax beans
- 1 (398 ml) can peas
- olive oil
- Heat the oil and sauté the whole onion and smashed garlic for several minutes. Add the sliced chorizo to the pan and cook for five minutes. Remove the garlic and then add the remaining ingredients except for the beans and peas to the pan. Cook covered until the potatoes are tender. Drain the canned beans and peas and rinse.
- Remove the whole onion, then add the beans and peas to the pan and toss gently. Cook for several minutes more or until the beans and peas are hot.