Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A version of T.G.I. Friday's Tuscan Portobello Melt by Todd Wilbur.
Make and share this Portobello Melt for One recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup sliced portobella mushroom cap
- 1⁄4 cup sliced red onion
- 4 -5 grape tomatoes, each sliced in half
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- ground black pepper
- 2 slices sourdough bread or 2 slices ciabatta
- butter, softened
- 1 slice provolone cheese
- 1 slice monterey jack cheese
- 1 teaspoon grey poupon country Dijon mustard
- Preheat broiler to high.
- Combine portobella, onion and tomatoes with oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper in a small roasting pan or over-safe skillet. Place mixture under broiler for 4 to 5 minutes or until vegetables soften. Stir halfway through cooking time.
- Preheat a griddle or large saute pan over medium heat. Lightly brown one side of each bread slice. Build sandwich on the browned side of one slice of bread. Lay a slice of provolone cheese on the bread. Spread mustard on cheese and then spoon the roasted vegetables over the top. Place the slice of Jack cheese on the veggies and then top off the sandwich with the other slice of bread (browned side facing cheese).
- Spread a little butter on one side of the sandwich, then place the sandwich, butter-side-down, onto the griddle or hot pan. Spread a little butter on top of sandwich. Grill for 1 to 2 minutes or until browned. Flip sandwich and grill for another 1 to 2 minutes until brown. Slice diagonally and serve.