Recipe by s'kat
Is it a side dish, a sauce for steaks, or a topping for salad? Who cares- it's good stuff!
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- sea salt
- 2 portabella mushrooms
- 2 large red peppers
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄2 red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk the balsamic vinegar, paprika, and salt together; set aside.
- Slice mushrooms into long, thin strips.
- Place whole peppers and tomatoes on a piece of foil in a preheated oven at BROIL.
- Keep turning them until the peppers are charred.
- The tomatoes will bleed into the foil, don't throw away the liquid.
- Remove the core and seeds of the pepper and slice thinly.
- Mix the cherry tomatoes and their fluid into the balsamic vinegar mixture.
- Mix well until the tomatoes are crushed into a sauce.
- Pour the oil in a heated skillet.
- Saute onions and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle with black pepper.
- Add half the sauce and saute for a few minutes.
- Arrange the mushrooms on a plate.
- Place the red peppers around it.
- Pour the extra sauce around it.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds.