Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
Connie's recipe from family collection
Make and share this Porkettes' Chops a L'orange recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large, deep oven-proof skillet, brown chops in hot oil over medium high heat. Cook 3-4 minutes per side. Season with salt & pepper. Remove chops & set aside, leaving drippings in skillet.
- Saute rice in drippings until golden brown, stirring constantly. Stir in water and orange juice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, stir in apple, raisins, sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Arrange chops on top of mixture. Cover with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Arrange orange slices on chops and bake uncovered for 10 minutes longer.
I will definitely be making this again but am a tad disappointed that I did not taste orange. Doubled the cinnamon accidentally and thought it tasted fine. TY Brooke's Kitchen for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.