1 hr 45 mins
Another ZWT3 recipe from Chef Worldwide Recipes I want to try. This is from Portugal. My grandmother was Portugese and she more than likely made this as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 lbs boneless pork loin, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 pints portugese white wine or 1 1/2 pints other dry white wine
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 -6 whole garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 loaf French bread, sliced 1 inch thick
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 navel orange, thinly sliced for garnish (with peel)
- 1 sprig parsley (to garnish) or 1 sprig watercress (to garnish)
- 1Combine pork, wine, vinegar, cloves, garlic, bay leaves, marjoram, salt and pepper in a non-reactive bowl or plastic bag and marinate in refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- 2Transfer the meat and marinade to a large non-reactive skillet and simmer over low heat for 1/2 hour.
- 3Transfer the meat to a platter and pat dry with paper towels.
- 4Moisten the slices of bread by dipping each side quickly into hot marinade and place on paper towels.
- 5Let marinade continue to bubble gently and reduce while you proceed.
- 6Heat about half the oil and butter in a separate heavy skillet over moderate heat and brown the slices of pork on both sides.
- 7Transfer the meat to a platter and keep warm.
- 8Brown bread on both sides in same skillet, adding more oil and butter as needed.
- 9Arrange bread on a serving platter, top with the pork and spoon some of the reduced marinade over the top.
- 10Garnish with orange slices and parsley sprigs and serve remaining marinade on side.
Browse Our Top Served Hot Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Served Hot Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Wine and Garlic (Carne De Vinho E Alhos)
Serving Size: 1 (807 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1513.5
- Calories from Fat 513
- Total Fat 57.0 g
- Saturated Fat 19.7 g
- Cholesterol 173.4 mg
- Sodium 920.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 55.8 g