Try paring with a dry riesling wine
Make and share this Pork With Pear and Ginger Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Trim fat from porkchops.
- In larg non stick skillet heat oil (med heat).
- Cook pork 3-5min per side.
- Transfer to dish and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add the lemon juice and the sugar to the pan and stir contantly abd cook until golden.
- Stir in wine and chicken broth.
- Add pears and cook uncovered for 5-7 minutes or until tender.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 tsp water.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ginger.
- Return pork chops to skillet and heat through.
- ***I serve this with rice.
This is a fresh tasting dish that is easy to put together. I used d'anjou pears because they keep their crunch and it was a good choice. Apple juice was what we had on hand instead of wine. I thought that the ginger was going to overpower the dish but it was just the right amount. Served on a bed of Nif's Simple Parmesan Pappardelle Pasta. Made for 2009 Faves. Thanks Chef at Heart! :)
5 Stars! DH and I loved this, it's been requested for a repeat appearance soon. The pears are so much more subtle than apples. Everything went together quickly as expected. I used canned lite pears (14 oz can had the equivalent of 2 1/2 pears) because I didn't want to wait for fresh pears to ripen, and that choice obviously did not detract from our enjoyment. First round of photos from which to select are on view at http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=270334. Made for Please Review My Recipe. Thank you for posting.