1 hr 45 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Bokenpop aka Madeleine's Note:
This casserole has a suble flavour and the meat is succulent. Enjoy this with some lemon flavoured rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 160°C.
- 2Heat oil and brown chops very lightly on both sides.
- 3Place chops close together in a casserole dish in a single layer and season with salt and pepper.
- 4Saute onion and garlic in pan drippings.
- 5When softened, add flour and stir for 1 minute.
- 6Slowly stir in stock and wine and allow to thicken (this will be very thick, but the juice from the meat will thin it down).
- 7Add sage, mustard, capers, salt, sugar and sour cream.
- 8Mix well and spread over the chops.
- 9Cover and bake for 1 1/2 hours until meat is tender.
- 10Check now and then and add a little water, if necessary.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Capers and Sour Cream
Serving Size: 1 (259 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 381.8
- Calories from Fat 188
- Total Fat 20.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.4 g
- Cholesterol 119.9 mg
- Sodium 355.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 36.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fresh sage leaves