Recipe by Doanique
This recipe has lots of great flavors. The aroma alone will make you hungry. It is great served with steamed broccoli or asparagus.
- 6 pork chops
- 2 apples, unpeeled cored and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries or 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 4 cups French bread, cubed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives or 2 tablespoons parsley
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl combine apples, onion, dried cranberries or raisins, brown sugar, pepper, salt and cloves Add melted butter and chives or parsley.
- Mix well and let stand for a few minutes for flavors to blend.
- Brown porkchops in butter over medium heat, about 5 minutes on each side.
- Pour the stuffing into a 9 x 13 dish and spread to cover the bottom of dish.
- Layer the pork chops on top.
- Pour the chicken broth over the pork chops.
- Cover with tinfoil.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until pork chops are done.