Top a seared pork chop with a baked apple, and you have instant HEALTHY applesauce on the plate. Looks great too. My family enjoyed this meal. from Simple Food by Jill Dupleix.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oven to 180°C.
- 2Mash 1 tablespoon butter with the chopped onion, sugar and 4 sage leaves.
- 3Core apples from the bottom, leaving the stalk intact at the top.
- 4Stand the apples in a small baking tin, add the white wine, then pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the apples.
- 5Bake for 45 minutes, or till soft and squishy.
- 6Heat olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy-based frying pan, with 5 sage leaves.
- 7Add the pork chops and cook over moderate heat for around 8-10 minutes.
- 8Season well with sea salt and pepper.
- 9Turn the chops and cook for another 5 minutes, or till tender.
- 10Place the pork chops on warmed plates, top with the baked apples, and tuck in with the remaining sage leaves.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork With Apple and Sage
Serving Size: 1 (489 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 477.3
- Calories from Fat 263
- Total Fat 29.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 84.0 mg
- Sodium 101.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 18.6 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: