Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
Top a seared pork chop with a baked apple, and you have instant HEALTHY applesauce on the plate. Looks great too. My family enjoyed this meal. from Simple Food by Jill Dupleix.
- Heat the oven to 180°C.
- Mash 1 tablespoon butter with the chopped onion, sugar and 4 sage leaves.
- Core apples from the bottom, leaving the stalk intact at the top.
- Stand the apples in a small baking tin, add the white wine, then pour enough boiling water to come halfway up the side of the apples.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or till soft and squishy.
- Heat olive oil and remaining 1 tablespoon of butter in a heavy-based frying pan, with 5 sage leaves.
- Add the pork chops and cook over moderate heat for around 8-10 minutes.
- Season well with sea salt and pepper.
- Turn the chops and cook for another 5 minutes, or till tender.
- Place the pork chops on warmed plates, top with the baked apples, and tuck in with the remaining sage leaves.