1/2 Photos of Pork Loin With Apples
The stuffing in this roast makes this dish. The sauce is also very unique. Don't think you'll be disappointed. From: Southernfood.about.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice pocket in boneless pork roast.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Making enough to fill the pocket in the pork roast, mix the stuffing mix according to directions on box, except use apple cider in place of water, and add one peeled and diced apple.
- 4Stuff the roast.
- 5Bread the stuffed roast by carefully rolling in flour, then beaten eggs (which you can thin down with a splash of cider), then in breadcrumbs.
- 6Melt butter in large pan or dutch oven. Brown roast thoroughly.
- 7Add apple cider to pan, bringing it 1/2 way up the side of the roast.
- 8Reduce heat to simmer, cover,and steam for about 20-30 minutes.
- 9When the roast is tender, it is done. Remove roast from pan, and let set while you reduce the juices to about 1/3.
- 10Mix in sour cream to taste.
- 11Serve sauce on the side.
- 12The roast is also excellent cold, and makes a very pretty presentation.
- 13Notes: The amount of cider varies.
- 14You can also use apple wine or apple juice if you prefer.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Loin With Apples
Serving Size: 1 (327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 549.3
- Calories from Fat 198
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 147.4 mg
- Sodium 532.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 43.2 g