Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
This is a WONDERFUL way to make any pork roast, especially a pork loin roast.
- 3 -5 lbs boneless pork loin or 3 -5 lbs any pork roast
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon minced onion
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon granulated garlic powder
- 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch, cinnamon, minced onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Stir in orange juice and cranberry sauce.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened, and set aside.
- Place pork in a shallow roasting pan and cover with about half of the cranberry mixture.
- Insert a meat thermometer.
- Cover with either lid or aluminum foil.
- Roast 1 to 1 1/2 hours, basting occasionally with the remaining half of the sauce.
- Meat is done when thermometer reads 160 degrees.
- Remove meat from oven and allow to rest 10 minutes before carving, so that the juices will redistribute themselves.
Outstanding pork loin recipe
This was the roast we made for easter. Unfortunately, my hubby didn't like the flavors at all. It turned out tender, and I personally, did like them. He said it was too sweet. If it was only me rating, I would give it 4 stars. I probably won't make this again, as he didnt' like it. sorry.
I did this in the crockpot, and while it was good, it just wasn't as flavorful as I'd hoped. It was definitely moist, though.