Recipe by Margaret3
This recipe originally called for scallops and was first served to me as an appetizer. So try it with them, too!
- 1⁄2 lb fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 green pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 red pepper, sliced
- oil, to saute
- butter, to saute
- broth, to saute
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 green onions, tops and all,chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs pork tenderloin, of other lean pork,cut into cubes
- coarse pepper
- 1⁄3 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄3 cup Grey Poupon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
Directions See How It's Made
- saute peppers 1-2 minutes, add mushrooms and saute until soft,using the smallest amount of oil, butter, broth you can get away with.
- Set aside.
- heat butter& oil in large skillet.
- add onions& cook on LOW 5 minutes WITHOUT browning.
- Raise heat and add pork, seasoning it with a little coarse pepper.
- Cook one minute per side& remove from skillet.
- set aside.
- Add wine to skillet and bring to boil, reducing it to a few syrupy spoonfuls Add mustard& yogurt& wisk together thoroughly.
- BOIL 2 minutes.
- Combine with pork, mushrooms and peppers and warm thoroughly.
- Place all in a covered baking dish and bake@ 325 for 1-1 1/2 hrs, until fork tender.
- timing will depend on what cut pork you have chosen.
- (I seldom spring for tenderloin, but use boneless center cut chops or a small boneless roast, so i usually go for closer to the 1 1/2 hrs).
- If sauce is too thin, add a few plain bread crumbs.
- We like this served with basmati rice or couscous.