Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a wonderful and filling dish. Adapted from The Encyclopedia of Creative Cooking. Enjoy!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean boneless pork, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups apple cider or 1 1⁄2 cups apple juice
- 1⁄2 carrot, sliced
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine flour, garlic powder, onion powder and 1/4 tsp black pepper. Dredge cubed pork.
- Heat oil in skillet. Brown Pork until brown on all sides. Place in Slow Cooker.
- Return skillet to heat and add onion and apple cider until warm. Then pour into Slow Cooker.
- Add carrots rosemary, salt and 1/2 tsp pepper. Stir. Place bay leaf on top.
- Cover and Cook low 4-6 hours.
- Serve over hot rice.