Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a great meal for anyone on a low carb diet. This is a cuban sandwich without the bread!! I use boneless pork chops, but you can use pork tenderloin cut into medallions too!
- Butterfly the pork pieces and pound to 1/4 inch thin. (Do this between plastic wrap to keep splatter down).
- Mix Marinade (oil, vinegar, oregano, garlic and salt). The longer you can marinade the meat the better!
- Take pork out and open it wide. Layer Ham, Swiss Cheese and pickles. Close the pork 'sandwich'.
- Now you can either grill this or pan fry. I suggest grilled over charcoal!
- Enjoy! Serve with green chili refried beans for a delish meal!
This is a very unique and tasty dish. Definitely for garlic lovers only! I really liked the marinade and it paired well with the taste of the pickles and swiss. I marinated for about 3 hours and pan-fried the "sandwiches", although I think grilling would be great too. Thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008