Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is kind of like a shake and bake for pork.
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- Shake all ingredients in a plastic bag.
- Store in an airtight container.
- To use,Dip each pork chop in 1/4 cup milk,then in coating mix.
- This makes enough for 4 pork chops.
I was amazed by how much taste this easy recipe added to pork chops. A big hit at my house!
I have used this mix for many years with excellent results. I have never purchased Shake and Bake! Occassionally, I add other seasoning and herbs (just open the draw and see what sounds good), and find this very adaptable. My pork chops are always moist with this coating.