Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 hrs
My family loves this hearty stew. Easy because it is made in a slow-cooker.
Make and share this Pork Cider Stew recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs pork shoulder
- 2 1⁄2 cups cubed potatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 medium onions, sliced
- 1 medium apple, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped celery
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 2 cups apple cider or 2 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Cut pork shoulder roast into 1-inch cubes.
- Add meat cubes, potatoes, carrots, onions, apple, celery, and tapioca to a large slow-cooker.
- Add in the remaining ingredients; stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10-12 hours.
eh my family was tor between this..some liked it some didnt
Very flavorful and easy to make. I didn't have tapioca, so I used cornstarch and it came out just fine.