Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from one of my first cookbooks. I made it and everyone thought the pork was very tender.
- 6 pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices prosciutto
- 6 dried apricots
- 1 1⁄2-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Trim excess fat from pork.
- With a knife make a pocket in the meaty part of each chop, cutting toward the bone.
- Season each chop with salt& pepper.
- Place 1 slice of prosciutto and apricot in the pocket of chop.
- In a large frying pan, heat olive oil over med-high heat.
- Place pork in pan and cook for about 4-5 Minunts or till brown on both sides (turn pork only once) Add wine and water and bring to boil.
- Reduce to low-med heat.
- Cover pan tightly with lid.
- Cook 20-30 minutes until pork is tender and cooked throughtout.