Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Comfort food pork chops are great with mashed potatoes or noodles to soak up the sauce. Recipe source: Bon Appetit (November, 1982)
- 4 pork chops (1-inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 1 (17 ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1⁄4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Heat large skillet (cast iron is best) over high heat for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Add pork chops to skillet and sear for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer in a baking pan.
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Combine remaining ingredients in bowl and combine well.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45 minutes or until chops are cooked through and sauce is bubbly.
This wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I may make it again and leave out the vinegar and bell peppers. We usually like pork chops and creamed corn together. I think it was the vinegar & bell pepper taste that we didn't care for.
I followed your directions without adding or subtracting anything. I made it for my friends and no one liked it at all. It didn't have a good flavor . I chose this because I like the ingredients, but they certainly don't go well together. Sorry...would never make this again.
Loved this! I added carrots and garlic, but otherwise made as written. I will be making this often!