Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Food & Wine. They say to serve this with "An aromatic Viognier"
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 thin-cut pork loin chops with bone (about 1 1/4 pounds)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons drained capers
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick skillet. Lightly season the pork chops with salt and pepper and cook over high heat until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn the chops and sear until just cooked through, about 2 minutes; transfer to a platter.
- Add the butter and garlic to the skillet and stir over moderate heat until the garlic softens, about 1 minute.
- Stir in the capers, lemon juice and chives. Spoon the sauce over the chops and serve.
This was very easy and the pork chops stayed moist, which is the most important part! I skipped the capers and added more chives. I would have liked there to be a bit more sauce, but otherwise very good.