1/2 Photos of Pork Chops With Garlic and Apples in Wine
A really simple way to cook chops. The juice is great over mashed potatoes. Adapted slightly from the MEAT cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 200 C and put a baking dish in the oven while you preheat it.
- 2Meanwhile, separate the cloves from the garlic head but do not peel them.
- 3Smash the cloves with a knife.
- 4Heat the oil in a pan and add in the garlic.
- 5Fry for a couple minutes and put in the pork chops. Season with salt and pepper.
- 6Brown for just 1-2 minutes on each side.
- 7Put the chops and garlic in the pan that has been heating in the oven.
- 8Meanwhile, put the apple in the pan and fry for a couple minutes.
- 9Add the wine and let bubble until reduced by half.
- 10Pour over the chops and bake for 12-15 minutes, braising with the juice if you like.
- 11Take out and serve immediately with your choice of veggies.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops With Garlic and Apples in Wine
Serving Size: 1 (389 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 421.0
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 75.0 mg
- Sodium 76.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.5 g
- Protein 24.6 g