Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 4 pork loin chops, 3/4-inch thick, trimmed of fat
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups white mushrooms, stems trimmed, cut into thick slices
- 1 small yellow bell peppers or 1 small green bell pepper, cut int 1/4-inch strips
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook, stirring, until golden, 1 to 2 minutes; remove garlic and discard.
- Add pork chops to same skillet and cook until lightly browned, 6 to 8 minutes, turning once halfway through; remove chops and set aside. Increase heat to medium-high; add wine, salt and red pepper flakes, if desired. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring to loosen browned bits on bottom of pan, until wine is reduced by half. Add tomatoes and return chops to skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer, basting occasionally, until chops are tender, 10 minutes.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a medium skillet over medium heat until hot. Add mushrooms and bell pepper; cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender. Add mushroom mixture to skillet with pork chops. Cover and simmer just until hot, adding 1 to 2 tablespoons water if needed.