Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is wonderful! My whole family loves it. After the first review that I got for this recipe, saying that Potatoes O'Brien could not be bought in that location, I decided to add that if you can't find the Potatoes O'Brien in your store, they are easily made. I found one recipe right here, Potatoes O'Brien. Making them the day before works best, but they can also be made just prior to fixing this dish.
- 4 pork loin chops, 1/2-inch thick, with bone in
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt (to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of celery soup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried sage (to taste)
- 3 cups frozen cut green beans
- 1 1⁄2 cups o'brien frozen potatoes, with onions and bell peppers (from 24 oz package)
- Spray skillet with non stick spray.
- Heat over medium high heat.
- Sprinkle pork chops with seasoned salt, then cook 5 or 6 minutes until brown on both sides. Remove from pan and keep warm.
- Combine sour cream, soup and sage, mix well.
- Add to skillet, then stir in the frozen vegetables.
- Place chops over vegetables, and press gently to seat.
- Boil, then lower heat to medium-low. cover.
- Cook 10 - 15 minutes. Pork chops should no longer be pink in the middle, and the vegetables should be tender. Stir occasionally.
- Serve with rice or buttered noodles.
My family loved this recipe. They don't sell "O'Brien Frozen Potatoes" around here so I just omitted them. I did slice up 1/2 a green pepper and added that to the mixture. It turned out perfect.