Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 4 pork chops, 1-inch thick
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions, thinly sliced
- 2 gala apples or 2 golden delicious apples, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat 1 tablespoon EVOO in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook pork 5 minutes on the first side until deeply golden, turn and cook 3-4 minutes more with a loose foil tent over the pan. Remove cooked chops to a plate and cover to keep warm. Add another tablespoon EVOO, add the onions and apples. Season with salt, pepper and thyme and cook until just tender, 5-6 minutes. Douse with juice of a lemon and remove chops to a plate.
- Add 2 tablespoons butter to the skillet, melt then whisk in flour, cook 1 minute then whisk in cider and 1 cup of stock. Season the gravy with salt and pepper. Thicken 4-5 minutes over medium-low heat.
- Serve chop covered with apples and onions, gravy poured down over top.