Recipe by MarthaStewartWanabe
This is a tasty way to enjoy pork chops and a nice combination of sweet and savory flavors. The pork chops are seasoned with savory spices and simmered in an orange sauce, which caramelizes and thickens into a sticky indulgence. It is best served over hot, cooked rice with sauce spooned over all.
- 2 pork chops, bone-in, 1/2-inch thick, fat trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Drizzle olive oil into a medium skillet over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, season pork chops with paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Once oil in skillet is glistening, brown pork chops on both sides.
- In a small bowl, whisk together orange juice, brown sugar, orange marmalade and apple cider vinegar.
- Lower skillet heat to medium-low. Pour liquid mixture over chops and cover skillet. Simmer for 10-15 minutes, occasionally flipping chops and scraping the bottom of the skillet with a wooden spoon to keep them from burning or sticking.
- Just before serving, increase skillet heat to medium-high for 3-5 minutes until the sauce caramelizes (darkens and thickens slightly) to your preference. Watch closely in order to prevent from burning.
- Serve chops over hot, cooked rice with sauce spooned over all.