Recipe by ellestrange
This recipe is from allrecipes.com by Jennifer, with a few of my own tweaks. These chops are slow cooked in a crock pot, making it very easy to get ready in the morning & have dinner ready when you get home from work. Make sure to trim the pork, the sauce can get very greasy. Thanks Jennifer!
Top Review by lauralie41
Oh wow these were great pork chops. They were so tender they were falling apart when I took them out of the crock pot. I did use chicken broth instead of sherry, baby bella mushrooms and regular salt and lemon pepper to season the flour. Very tasty comfort food! Made and reviewed for the Pick A Chef Orphanage - May 2012.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, thick sliced, boneless (trimmed of fat)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, season salt & pepper in a deep plate. In another deep plate or shallow and wide bowl, beat the egg. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip pork chops in beaten egg, then dredge in flour. Cook in hot skillet, turning once to brown both sides.
- Place pork chops in your slow cooker. Saute sliced onions for 2 mintues, then add garlic and mushrooms for another mintue. Arrange sauted onions mushrooms and garlic over pork.
- Mix together both cans of soup, milk and sherry. Pour over onion mixture.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, or on Low for 8 to 10 hours.