Prep 20 mins
Cook 8 hrs
This recipe is from allrecipes.com by Jennifer, with a few of my own tweaks. These chops are slow cooked in a crock pot, making it very easy to get ready in the morning & have dinner ready when you get home from work. Make sure to trim the pork, the sauce can get very greasy. Thanks Jennifer!
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 -6 boneless pork chops, thick sliced, boneless (trimmed of fat)
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 lb mushroom
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sherry wine
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- salt and pepper
- Mix flour, season salt & pepper in a deep plate. In another deep plate or shallow and wide bowl, beat the egg. Heat oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Dip pork chops in beaten egg, then dredge in flour. Cook in hot skillet, turning once to brown both sides.
- Place pork chops in your slow cooker. Saute sliced onions for 2 mintues, then add garlic and mushrooms for another mintue. Arrange sauted onions mushrooms and garlic over pork.
- Mix together both cans of soup, milk and sherry. Pour over onion mixture.
- Cover, and cook on High for 4 to 5 hours, or on Low for 8 to 10 hours.
Oh wow these were great pork chops. They were so tender they were falling apart when I took them out of the crock pot. I did use chicken broth instead of sherry, baby bella mushrooms and regular salt and lemon pepper to season the flour. Very tasty comfort food! Made and reviewed for the Pick A Chef Orphanage - May 2012.