Prep 1 hr
Cook 1 hr
Original poster's comment:Really yummy! This is a recipe adopted in the 2005 rush. I haven't tried it, but from the ingredients I agree with the reviewer's comment about bland so.... when I make it, these are the changes I will probably make: subtitutions would be hoisin for catsup, snow peas for beans. Additions would be minced or sliced ginger, mirin or sherry for part or all of the liquids, crushed chilis in the marinade.
- 7 pieces pork chops
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained and reserve syrup
- 1⁄2 lb string bean, cut into 3 inch
- pineapple syrup
- soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Marinate pork chops for 1 hour.
- Grill and brush with oil until brown; set aside.
- Sauté garlic and onion in a skillet.
- Pour water, salt and catsup.
- Add pork chops.
- Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- Remove pork chops from skillet.
- Add and stir fry string beans in the same skillet.
- Add 3 tbsp water and cook until tender; set aside.
- Garnish each pork chops with 1 sliced pineapple.
- Place string beans on the side.
- Pour sauce over meat and string beans.
The recipe is really bland. It wasn't bad but certainly not worth making again.