Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
Original poster's comment:Really yummy! This is a recipe adopted in the 2005 rush. I haven't tried it, but from the ingredients I agree with the reviewer's comment about bland so.... when I make it, these are the changes I will probably make: subtitutions would be hoisin for catsup, snow peas for beans. Additions would be minced or sliced ginger, mirin or sherry for part or all of the liquids, crushed chilis in the marinade.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 7 pieces pork chops
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (20 ounce) can sliced pineapple, drained and reserve syrup
- 1/2 lb string bean, cut into 3 inch
- 1Marinate pork chops for 1 hour.
- 2Grill and brush with oil until brown; set aside.
- 3Sauté garlic and onion in a skillet.
- 4Pour water, salt and catsup.
- 5Add pork chops.
- 6Simmer for 30 minutes or until tender.
- 7Remove pork chops from skillet.
- 8Add and stir fry string beans in the same skillet.
- 9Add 3 tbsp water and cook until tender; set aside.
- 10Garnish each pork chops with 1 sliced pineapple.
- 11Place string beans on the side.
- 12Pour sauce over meat and string beans.
Browse Our Top Pineapple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops Royale
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 76.6
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 219.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 13.6 g
- Protein 1.2 g