Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Taste of Home recipe we have changed to suit our family.
- 4 pork loin chops with bone (3/4 inch thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- Sprinkle pork chops with pepper. In a large skillet, brown chops in butter on both sides; drain. Combine the tomato sauce, water, Italian seasoning and basil; pour over chops. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 6-8 minutes or until meat juices run clear.
- Top each pork chop with cheese. Cover and cook 3-5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
Yummy. Baked in the oven after browning on the stove. Kids ate it so definitely a winner
Great recipe!! I added a can of mushrooms to the sauce, and about 3/4 cup water to make more sauce (with cornstarch to make the sauce thicker). Also, I used olive oil instead of butter and put minced garlic and dried onions in the olive oil to saute a bit before I added the porkchops to brown. I served it over rice -- and wow, my family inhaled it. Everyone had seconds, and I felt like Julia Childs if only for a moment. Thanks for posting this recipe!!!!!
I copied this from TofH, too. A surprisingly easy dish that comes off looking and tasting like much more effort was exerted. A small amount of heavy cream or cream cheese can be added to make a creamy tomato sauce. When serving, top off with Parmesan cheese. Your tastebuds will thank you.