photo by Chef Itchy Monkey
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 lb Italian sausage (hot or mild, casings removed)
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄4 cups seasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup marinara sauce
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Spray with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, mixing well with your hands.
- Using a scale, weigh out 1.5oz portions of meat and form into meatballs.
- Place meatballs on the wire rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through. If you make larger or smaller meatballs than the 1.5oz suggested, you will need to adjust your cooking time accordingly.
- These freeze very well! To reheat, take the desired portion from the freezer and drop into a saucepan of your favorite pasta sauce, then simmer until heated through.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY