Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This cream sauce combines reduced fat soup and fat-free sour cream, which provides a seemingly high-fat richness in a low fat recipe. Taken from BH&G "The New Dieter" cookbook.
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 pork rib chops, 1/2 inch thick, fat trimmed (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- Spray an unheated 12 inch skillet with the nonstick spray.
- Preheat over medium heat.
- Add pork chops; cook for 6 minutes.
- Turn chops, add mushrooms and sweet pepper.
- Cook about 6 minutes more or until pork juices run clear (still slightly pink inside).
- Remove chops and vegetables.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together soup, sour cream, milk and paprika.
- Stir mixture into skillet; heat to boiling.
- Return chops and vegetables to skillet.
- Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
- Add tomato; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- Serve with hot noodles.