This cream sauce combines reduced fat soup and fat-free sour cream, which provides a seemingly high-fat richness in a low fat recipe. Taken from BH&G "The New Dieter" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 6 pork rib chops, 1/2 inch thick, fat trimmed (about 1 1/2 lbs total)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can 98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup nonfat sour cream
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tomato, seeded and chopped
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- 1Spray an unheated 12 inch skillet with the nonstick spray.
- 2Preheat over medium heat.
- 3Add pork chops; cook for 6 minutes.
- 4Turn chops, add mushrooms and sweet pepper.
- 5Cook about 6 minutes more or until pork juices run clear (still slightly pink inside).
- 6Remove chops and vegetables.
- 7Meanwhile, for sauce, in a small mixing bowl stir together soup, sour cream, milk and paprika.
- 8Stir mixture into skillet; heat to boiling.
- 9Return chops and vegetables to skillet.
- 10Cook covered, for 5 minutes.
- 11Add tomato; cook for 1 to 2 minutes more or until heated through.
- 12Serve with hot noodles.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops in Creamy Vegetable Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (596 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 315.7
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 76.3 mg
- Sodium 67.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 24.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
98% fat-free condensed mushroom soup