Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Southern Living; a simple, easy recipe.
Top Review by bella214
Great family dinner casserole. I was looking for some comfort-type food and this was exactly what I had in mind. I used boneless pork loin chops which came out very tender. The rice had a good flavor and the gravy added a rich, creamy taste. A good recipe for a beginner cook. Thanks, will gladly eat the left-overs for lunch tomorrow.
- 1 (6 ounce) package long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 cups hot water
- 6 pork loin chops (1/2 inch-thick)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together rice, seasoning packet,and hot water.
- Place in a lightly greased oblong baking dish; set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops with salt and pepper, and place over rice mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Uncover casserole; combine soup and milk; pour over casserole.
- Bake casserole, uncovered 15 minutes or until thoroughly heated.