Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 hrs
The Apple butter, will tenderize pork because of the acid in the apples. I like Apple butter becaues of the spices in it, but for those how do not like spicey use regular apple sauce yes, you can use sugar free apple sauce. This is a one pan easy clean up dish, and one the kids love to. I have also used a crock pot on low for all day cooking for 1/2 a day.
- Oil 6 X 10 oven proof dish, or one your chops will fit in best.
- salt and pepper both sides of chops, (onion powder and garlic powder if you wish in this step.).
- spoon and spread first cup of apple butter in dish.
- Place chops on Apple butter.
- In second cup of apple butter add water, mix well.
- Spoon Apple butter over chops, evenly over top of pork.
- cover with lid or foil.
- Bake 350, 2 hrs to improve for tenderness. I have also put this in the crock pot in the am on low all day, or high for 1/2 day.
- You can use pork loin instead of chops or use bone in chops.
Yum Yum Yum!!! I didn't use the water or the oil. I seasoned the pork chops with season salt before placing them in the baking dish. I will try them in the crockpot next time. :) This is a keeper and a new spin on Pork Chops and Applesauce for the Brady Bunch era.
What a great way to serve pork chops! They came out so tender and the spicy apple butter added a wonderful flavor. I love that it's so quick and one-pan easy too. This is a recipe I'll use often - thanks for sharing it! Made for the Best of 2008 event
I made this as directed other then we used applesauce instead of apple butter as I didn't have apple butter. This was different for us. We liked it. Made for Fall PAC 2008.