1/1 Photo of Pork Chops & Apple Butter
2 hrs 5 mins
Cheri B's Note:
The Apple butter, will tenderize pork because of the acid in the apples. I like Apple butter becaues of the spices in it, but for those how do not like spicey use regular apple sauce yes, you can use sugar free apple sauce. This is a one pan easy clean up dish, and one the kids love to. I have also used a crock pot on low for all day cooking for 1/2 a day.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Oil 6 X 10 oven proof dish, or one your chops will fit in best.
- 2salt and pepper both sides of chops, (onion powder and garlic powder if you wish in this step.).
- 3spoon and spread first cup of apple butter in dish.
- 4Place chops on Apple butter.
- 5In second cup of apple butter add water, mix well.
- 6Spoon Apple butter over chops, evenly over top of pork.
- 7cover with lid or foil.
- 8Bake 350, 2 hrs to improve for tenderness. I have also put this in the crock pot in the am on low all day, or high for 1/2 day.
- 9You can use pork loin instead of chops or use bone in chops.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Chops & Apple Butter
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 678.3
- Calories from Fat 147
- Total Fat 16.3 g
- Saturated Fat 4.9 g
- Cholesterol 129.2 mg
- Sodium 432.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 66.3 g
- Protein 49.1 g