Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is my favorite way to eat pork chops!
- 6 pork chops (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 3 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1⁄4 cup diced celery
- 4 1⁄2 cups cubed dry bread (9 slices)
- 1 egg
- 6 tablespoons water (more or less as needed to help balls hold shape) or 6 tablespoons chicken broth (more or less as needed to help balls hold shape)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄3 cup water
- Brown pork chops in melted margarine on both sides in a large skillet.
- Arrange chops in an oven-proof casserole.
- Combine celery and onion and saute in pan drippings until soft.
- Add sauteed vegetables to bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Add water or broth, egg and seasonings.
- Mix lightly until dressing will hold its shape when formed into a ball.
- Form into 6 balls.
- Place one ball on top of each chop.
- Heat soup and 1/3 cup water until smooth.
- Spoon over dressing balls and chops.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 45-60 minutes or until chops are done.
- Baste chops once or twice during baking.
- Can uncover last 10 minutes of baking so dressing balls "crisp" up a little on the outside if desired.