Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Battered pork chops simmered in sweet potato and pineapple. Very moist pork chops slightly sweetened by sauce.
- 8 pork chops
- 3 -4 sweet potatoes
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1 (64 ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 (16 ounce) box chicken stock
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce or 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- Cut sweet potato and pineapple into 1 -2 inch chunks. Cook in 4 qt pot with pineapple juice while frying pork chops. Add spash of Worchester or hot sauce and 1-2 cups of brown sugar.
- Bread pork chops by placing eggs in pie dish. Take 1 cup flour add 2 tsp paprika. add salt and pepper to taste. Place 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Dip pork chop in egg and lightly batter with flour mixture. Cook each side for 4 minutes. Place in stock pot.
- Once all pork chops are cooked add sweet potato and pineapple mixture on top of pork chops. Top off with chicken stock to cover all ingredients.
- Simmer for 1 hour. Place pork chops in baking pan and coat pork chops with some of the sauce from stock pot. Bake at 400 while pork chops are in oven take a 1-2 cups of sauce add more brown sugar and reduce to thicken. Drizzle pork chops with reduced sauce. Serve with sweet potato and pineapple.