Recipe by annconnolly
My mom used to make this every six weeks or so and I added the onions when I started cooking for my own family. We all love it.
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 (10 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups potatoes, thinly sliced peeled
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 pork loin chops
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Bring the1/2 & 1/2 and soup to a boil in a large saucepan. Reduce the heat and simmer 5 to 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Fill a large pot with water and bring to a boil. Drop in the potatoes and cook for 30 seconds. Drain, rinse under cold water, and dry on paper towels.
- Melt the butter in a skillet, and brown the chops over medium-high heat for 2 minutes on each side. Remove the chops from the skillet and set aside. Add the wine to the skillet and simmer for 30 seconds, scraping up any brown bits.
- In a 12 x 8-inch baking dish, the potatoes and onions [sprinkle with salt if you wish]; lay the pork chops on top, and pour the pan juices over them. Pour the half & half over the top. (If it seems a bit dry, add a little more.) Sprinkle with the parsley and pepper.
- Bake covered for 1 hour then uncover and bake another 1/4 hours.